Wael E. AlrashedNovember 26, 2021 2023-08-17 17:18
Wael E. Alrashed
- PhD., Accounting & Taxation, Hull University
- Msc., Accounting, University of Scranton, USA
- MBA, Pennsylvania University, USA
- Bsc., Accounting, Kuwait University
Professor Wael earned his Ph.d. in 1988 from the university of Hull, UK in the field of taxation. He holds an MBA & Msc. In accounting from the university of Pennsylvania in 1985. He has over 67 published research papers in reputable journal both local and worldwide. He was the president of the first private university in Kuwait. Also, he acted as a senior consultant for various public and private agencies in Kuwait and internationally. His area of research interests includes taxation, financial accounting, accounting information system, and accounting education. He supervised as many as 103 Ph.d as well as Msc. Graduate students globally. He has been a full professor of accounting since 1998.
Expertise and Research Interests
- Taxation & Financial
- Design accounting information system
- Islamic accounting practices
- Research om accounting education
- Wide accounting control consultancy
- First Investment Advisor, Barakah Investment Group, Kuwait, 2006-2009
- Rector, GUST University, Kuwait, 1997-2003
- Professor of accounting, Kuwait university, since 1998
- Deputy Director, KISR, Kuwait, 1992-94
- Deputy Director, Research, Kuwait University, 1990-92
- Senior consultant, Kuwait Municipality Mayor, 1983-84
- Accounting principles.
- Intermediate accounting.
- Cost accounting.
- Accounting Information Systems.
- Contemporary accounting issues.
- Topics in accounting
- Advanced accounting
- Zakat accounting.