Talat GencMarch 4, 2022 2022-07-05 10:10
- PhD, Economics, University of Arizona
- MSc, Industrial Engineering, University of Arizona
- MA, Economics, University of Arizona
- MA, Economics, Bogazici University
- BSc, Math, Bogazici University
Genc’s extensive experience in Industrial Economics and Energy Economics has led to over 20 published works on topics ranging from Energy Markets to Dynamic Games. His research has been published in journals including Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, International Journal of Industrial Organization, International Journal of Production Economics, Energy Economics, and Operations Research.
His special interests include closed-loop supply chain structure-conduct-performance, market power issues and optimal bidding in electricity markets, regulation and deregulation issues in energy markets, OPEC and oil markets, capacity investments in game-theoretic settings, resource allocations, and equilibrium characterization and computations under uncertainty in large-scale oligopolies. He has held visiting positions at Tilburg University, Gulf University for Science and Technology, ESSEC Business School, LUISS University, Jinan-Birmingham JI, and Kuwait University.
He serves as a topics editor for Energies.
Expertise and Research Interests
- Industrial Organization
- Energy and Environmental Economics
- Production and Operations Management
- 2021- Present Visiting Professor, Kuwait University
- 2004-2021, Professor, University of Guelph