Samar BaqerDecember 26, 2021 2021-12-29 10:19
- PhD, Business Administration, University of Texas at Arlington.
- MBA, University of Texas at Arlington
- BS, Computer Science, Kuwait University
Dr. Samar Baqer is a Fulbright who is currently working as an assistant professor of marketing at the College of Business Administration in Kuwait University. Also, she is a Certified High-Performance Coach.
In 2018 she was invited to speak at TEDx-Muscat, as one of the influencing women in the Gulf region. She inspired the audience with a speech about her journey of success and all of the challenges she faced as an Arab woman. Beside her academic work, Dr. Baqer is a public speaker, consultant, and coach.
She offered her consulting services to several entities in Kuwait such as: UNDP-Kuwait, Ministry of planning, Kuwait National Fund for SME Development, KFAS Academy (a company under the umbrella of Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences), the communication committee for New Kuwait, and other private marketing agencies.
Moreover, she is usually invited as a motivational speaker in many regional and global conferences and universities including: The International Council for Small Businesses (ICSB) annual conference in Egypt and Washington DC., The American University in Bulgaria, Ministry of Youth in Kuwait, Arabnet conference (Kuwait and Riyadh), and many other professional events.
She made it a commitment to support and empower the youth through several volunteering activities. Currently, she is a regular speaker and trainer in major youth programs such as The Proteges, Injaz, and Fikra Program.
Expertise and Research Interests
- Strategic Marketing
- Global Marketing
- Supervisor of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Unit at The Center of Excellence in Management (September 2015 – March 2017)
- Director of the Office of Students’ Training and Alumni (OSTA) at the College of Business Administration (Fall 2010 – December 2013).
- Supervisor of the Executive Seminar Unit at the College of Business Administration (Center of Excellence in Management) Kuwait University (Spring 2007 – Fall 2007/2008)
- Board member at The Diplomatic Institute, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, State of Kuwait (Sept 2021-Current)
- Member of “New Kuwait” Advisory team for the Public Relations and Communications committee (October 2018 – February 2019).
- Marketing mentor and trainer at Cubicle Services (May 2018 – August 2019)
- Consultant for Grassroots Marketing Agency (GAA) (January – May 2018).
- Consultant to act as the Vice President for Professional Development and Continuing Education Division of KFAS Academy (Previously known as Kuwait Virtual University), a non-for-profit company owned by Kuwait Foundation for the Advancements of Science (March 2016 – May 2017).
- Board member of the founding committee of Kuwait Virtual University (a project initiated by Kuwait Foundation for the Advancements of Science to become a non-profit company) March – November 2016.
- Advisor for the chairman of Kuwait’s National Fund for SMEs Development (April 2014 – March 2016).
- Independent Board Member at Global Investment for Al-Ma’amoon fund and The Ten Large Capital funds (March 2012 – 2016).