Saad AlnahedhJuly 21, 2022 2022-07-21 8:41
- PhD, Finance, University of Colorado Boulder
- MBA, Finance Track, University of California Irvine
- BS, Electrical Engineering (Business Minor), University of Kansas Lawrence
Saad is an assistant professor at Kuwait University, in the Finance and Financial Institutions department at the College of Business Administrations, joining the department in 2017. Saad’s research interests are empirical in nature, and includes various topics in corporate finance, banking and banking regulation, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate investment. Saad had presented his research in numerous conferences, and published at top ranking refereed journals, and had been recognized for excellent classroom performance and awarded a doctoral teaching award.
Expertise and Research Interests
- Corporate Investment
- Empirical Corporate Finance.
- Alnahedh, Saad, Sanjai Bhagat, and Iulian Obreja. “Employment, corporate investment, and cash-flow risk.” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 54.4 (2019): 1855-1898.
- Alnahedh, Saad, and Bader Alhashel. “Political ideology in M&A.” Journal of Business Finance & Accounting (2021).
- Alnahedh, Saad, and Sanjai Bhagat. 2017. “Shadow Banking Concerns: The Case of Money Market Funds.” University of Colorado Boulder, working paper, March
- Alnahedh, S., & Bhagat, S. (2017). Impact of Bank Equity Capital on Bank Cost of Capital, pp.3-4, University of Colorado Boulder, Leeds School of Business. Available at: http://leeds-faculty.colorado.edu/bhagat/Bank-Capital-Lending.pdf
Undergraduate Level Courses
- FIN 220 – Principles of Financial Management
- FIN 327 – Intermediate Financial Management
- FIN 450 – Equity Valuation
- FIN 490 – Special Topics – Applied Mergers and Acquisitions
Graduate Level Courses
- FIN 504 – Research Methods in Finance
- FIN 519 – Special Topics II – Applied Mergers and Acquisitions