Adel Al-WugayanNovember 21, 2021 2022-01-19 21:30
Management & Marketing
- PhD: University of Rhode Island
- MBA: Southern-Illinois University-Carbondale
- BA: College of Business, Kuwait University
Dr. Adel Al-Wugayan is currently serving as the acting chair for the department of Management and Marketing and as a Professor of Marketing at Kuwait University. Dr Al-Wugayan earned his PhD from the University of Rhode Island, Kingston USA, and MBA from Southern-Illinois University-Carbondale, and bachelor’s degree from College of Business, Kuwait University with distinctions and honors. During his career, Dr. Al-Wugayan assumed several academic and government responsibilities including supervision of the consultation unit at Center of Excellence in Management (CEM) 2002-2004, Director of CEM 2004-2007, Assistant Dean 2003-2007, Secretary-General for the Supreme Council for Planning and Development for the state of Kuwait 2007-2014 (undersecretary). He published his works in various double-blind refereed academic journals such as: Journal of Services Marketing, International Journal of Bank Marketing, International Journal of Logistics Management, Journal of International Consumer Marketing, Journal of Financial Services Marketing, Journal of Transnational Management, Arab Journal of Administrative Sciences, International Business & Economics Research Journal, Journal for International Business and Entrepreneurship Development, Journal of Internatiozal Food & Agribusiness Marketing, and Middle-East Journal of Management. His research interest includes: Marketing Strategy, Consumer Behavior, Philanthropy, CSR, Financial Services Marketing, Marketing Ethics, Entrepreneurship, and Customer Satisfaction/Quality. Dr Al-Wugayan received several awards such as URI-College of Business award during his PhD, best paper award from Society for Marketing Advancement among others, best young researcher award CBA-KU. Dr. Al-Wugayan taught several courses at the undergraduate and graduate programs in Kuwait and abroad as well as a collection of training programs. Read More…
Expertise and Research Interests
- Cross-Cultural Consumer Behavior
- Entrepreneurship, and Customer Satisfaction/Quality
- Strategic Marketing
- Services Marketing
- Marketing Ethics
- Marketing Communication
- CSR and Philantheropic Marketing
- Al-Wugayan, Adel AA. (2020), “Do customer equity drivers affect customer relationship quality and relational outcomes in banking?”, International Journal of Electronic Customer Relationship Management, Vol. 12, No.4
- Al-Wugayan, Adel, A. A. (2019), “Relationship versus customer experience quality as determinants of relationship quality and relational outcomes for Kuwaiti retail banks”, International Journal of Bank Marketing, Vol. 37 No. 5, pp. 1234-1252, doi: 10.1108/ijbm-09-2018-0251.
- Al-Wugayan, Adel A A (2018), “Determinants and Consequences of Perceived Service Quality in the Kuwaiti Banking Context,”
- Arab Journal for Administraive Sciences, Vol 26, Issue 1, pp. 159-191.
- Al-Wugayan, Adel & Larry Pleshko (Arabic) (2018) “Chronological Age and Cognitive Age Influence on Buying Behavior of Coffee in Kuwaiti Market, Arab Journal of Administrative Sciences, Vol. 25, Issue 2, pp. 281-306
- Larry P. Pleshko, Richard A. Heiens, & Adel Al-Wugayan (2018), “Chronological Age vs. Cognitive Age: An Examination of Lifecycle and Gender Differences,” Middle East Journal of Management, Vol. 5, No. 2.
- Hales, D. N., Chang, Y. T., Lam, J. S. L., Desplebin, O., Dholakia, N., & Al-Wugayan, A. (2017). “An Empirical Test Of The Balanced Theory Of Port Competitiveness,” The International Journal of Logistics Management, Vol. 28, No. (2), pp 363-378.
- Al-Wugayan, Adel AA. “Does corporate social responsibility matter to financial service representatives in faith-expressive firms?.” Journal of Services Marketing, 31, No. 2 (2017): pp 104-118.
- Al-Wugayan, Adel A and Mohammad I. Al-Neghamish (2017), “Kuwaiti Interaction with Time: A Comparative Follow-Up Study,” Arab Journal of Administrative Sciences, Academic Publication Council, Kuwait University, Vol. 24, No.2. (May), Pages 131-174.
- Al-Wugayan, W. & Rao, C. P. (2008). Investigation of Consumer Ethics in Kuwait: A Dyadic Interaction Approach. Journal of Transnational Management, 13 (4), 262-286.
- Al-Wugayan, Adel , Pleshko, L.P. & Baqer, S.M. (2008), ” An investigation of the relationships among consumer satisfaction, loyalty, and market share in Kuwaiti loan services” , Journal of Financial Services Marketing, Vol. 13. Page 95–106.
- Al-Wugayan, Adel & Rao, C. P. (2008), “An Empirical Investigation of Consumer Ethics in Kuwait: A Dyadic InteractionApproach”, Journal of Transnational Management, Volume 13, Issue 4. pp. 262-286.
- Al-Wugayan, Adel , Rao, C. P.& Al-Duaij, Hamad (2006) ,” Management practices, satisfaction with implementation and business performance: an empirical investigation of small scale enterprises in Kuwait “, Journal for International Business and Entrepreneurship Development, Vol.3 . Pages 121-135. USA
- Al-Wugayan, Adel and C.P. Rao (2006), “The Effects of Bonding on Consumer Ethics in Two Contrasting Cultures,” Journal of Marketing and Communications, Vol. 1, issue 3, pp 4-21.
- Al-Wugayan, Adel and C.P. Rao (2005), Gender and Cultural Differences in consumer ethics in a consumer-retailer interaction context,“ Journal of International Consumer Marketing, Volume 18, Number 1/2. pp. 45-71 (USA)
- Al-Wugayan, Adel A. (2004) “Assessing the Appropriateness of list of Values Scale and Ethical Positioning Scale to Study Kuwaiti Consumers Using a Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) Approach, (September 2004), Arab Journal for Administrative Sciences,vol. 11, issue 2.
- Al-Wugayan, Adel (2004), “A Cross-National Study of Re-Purchase Intentions of Fast-Food Meals,” Journal of International Food and Agribusiness Marketing, Volume 16, Number 1&2. (USA)
- “The Effects of Customer-Retailer Relationship on Consumer Ethics in Two Contrasting Cultures,” Coauthored with C.P. Rao, presented at the Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference AMA Chicago, IL, USA, August, 2003
- l-Wugayan, Adel and C.P. Rao (2003), “An Empirical Investigation of Consumer Ethics in a Collectivistic Arab Culture: Customer-Retailer Relationship (CRR) Approach,“ Journal of International Consumer Marketing, Volume 16, Number 3. (USA)
- Al-Wugayan, Adel A (2003), “The Relationship Between Kuwaitis and Time: An Exploratory Study,” Arab Journal of Administrative Sciences, Vol. 10, Number 3, September 2003, pp. 307-333.
- 2022- Present: Professor
- 2020- Present: Acting Department Chair
- 2004-2007: Director- Center of Excellence in Management (CEM)
- 2003-2007: Assistant Dean
- 2005: Associate Professor
- 2002-2004: Supervisor of The Consultation unit; Center of Excellence in Management (CEM)
- Assistant Professor 1998
- Team Head: Kuwait National Development Plan, 2014/2015-2020/2021
- Team Leader: Kuwait National Development Plan 2010/2011-2014/2015 – Law 9-2010 “Unanimous Parliament Vote”
- Public Authority for Youth and Sports Board 2010-2014
- MoF committee for Financial Assistance -Member 2009-2014
- In charge of providing Government Programs, Cabinet of Ministers 2008-2014
- Central Agency for Information Technology Board 2008-2014
- Arab Institute for Planning – Board 2008-2014
- Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research Board 2008-2014
- Higher Committee for State Budget committee (MoF) 2007-2014
- Undersecretary: Secretary-General for the Supreme Council for Planning and Development for the state of Kuwait 2007-2014
- Minsitrial and Undersecretary ESCWA meetings 2009-2013
- Kuwait University Large Projects Committee 2008-2012
- Member – Economic Task force to face reprecautions of Global Economic Crises – State of Kuwait 2009
- Team Head: Kuwait Vision 2035 Approved 2008
- 2003-Best paper award from Society for Marketing Advancement
- 2004 Best Young researcher Award Kuwait University
- 1994 University of Rhode Island Deanship recognition for Excellent performance
- 1984-1988 Multiple Dean Lists and Distinction and Honors Graduation
- MKT220: Principles of Marketing
- MKT330: Integrated Marketing Communications
- MKT332: Consumer Behavior
- MKT451: Strategic Marketing
- MBA, Introduction to Marketing
- MBA, Marketing Ethics Module
- MBA, Marketing Research
- Foundation of Marketing, (Arabic Book 2002, 375 A3 pages)
- Marketing and Multicultural Diversity, Chapter – Hampshire : Ashgate, c2006 (ISBN 0754643263)
- Marketing in the Emerging Markets of Islamic Countries, 2007th Chapter – Edition Palgrave Macmillan; 2007th edition (November 28, 2006)