Dhari AlrasheedNovember 29, 2021 2022-01-07 8:43
- PhD., Economics – University of California, Irvine
- MA., Economics – University of California, Irvine
- MS., Mechanical Engineering – Oregon State University
- BSc., Mechanical Engineering – Oregon State University
Dhari S. Alrasheed is an Assistant Professor of Economics in the College of Business Administration at Kuwait University. His research activity spans two fields. The first is urban economics, studying various issues related to housing, spatial inequality, transportation, and social capital. The second is applied econometrics, with interest in discrete choice modeling, Bayesian econometrics, and spatial econometrics. Since joining KU in 2018, he has taught introductory and advanced courses, both in the economics undergraduate and the master programs. Dhari holds a PhD. (2018) and MA. (2015) in economics from the University of California, Irvine, as well as a MSc. (2007) and BSc. (2005) in mechanical engineering from Oregon State University
Expertise and Research Interests
- Urban, housing, and transportation Economics
- Applied discrete choice
- Applied Bayesian econometrics
- Applied spatial econometrics
- Alrasheed, D. S. (2019). The relationship between neighborhood design and social capital as measured by carpooling. Journal of Regional Science, 59, 962–987.
- ECON520: Applied Econometrics
- ECON504: Econometrics
- ECON507: Survey I (Microeconomic Theory – Foundation Course)
- ECON405: Econometrics
- ECON210: Microeconomic Theory
- ECON111: Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON110: Principles of Microeconomics
- “Peer Effects and Spatial Correlation in Solar Panel Adoption” / 14th Annual Meetings, Urban Economics Association / Philadelphia, PA, USA / 2019.
- “The Relationship Between Neighborhood Design and Social Capital as Measured by Carpooling” / 11th Annual Meetings, Urban Economics Association / Minneapolis, MN, USA / 2016.
- “The Relationship Between Neighborhood Design and Social Capital as Measured by Carpooling” / International Transportation Economics Association / Santiago, Chile / 2016.