Ahmad AshkananiDecember 1, 2021 2023-01-27 18:52
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Ph.D., Purdue University, Krannert School of Management, with emphasis on Behavioral Operations Management topics.
- M.B.A., University of Maryland, Smith School of Business, with emphasis on Operations Management and Marketing.
- B.S. Kuwait University, College of Engineering and Petroleum, Computer Engineering.
Ahmad Ashkanani is an Assistant Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management at the College of Business Administration, Kuwait University. His research focuses on behavioral operations management, healthcare operations, and applications of blockchain technology in supply chain management. Ahmad earned his PhD from Purdue University (2017), his MBA from the University of Maryland – College Park (2012), and his BSc in Computer Engineering from Kuwait University (2008).
Expertise and Research Interests
- Behavioral operations management.
- Healthcare operations.
- Applications of blockchain technology in supply chain management.
- Service queuing systems.
- Ashkanani, A. M., Dunford, B. B., Mumford, K., Impact of Motivation and Workload on Service Time: A Multilevel Analysis of Call Center Operations. Under review.
- Ashkanani, A. M., Bahman, A. M, AlJuwahel, N. F., Impact of COVID-19 interventions on electricity supply chain: An empirical investigation in Kuwait. Under review.
- Pratt, B. R., Dunford, B. B., Vogus, T. J., Ashkanani, A. M., Morgeson, F. P., Alexander, M., Unsafe by Design: Task Reallocation, Psychological Safety, and Safety Perceptions. Under review.
- Kuwait University: Teaching Effectiveness Award (2019-2020).
- Kuwait University: Scientific Poster Day, Best Poster Award (2019-2020).
- Kuwait e-Award (March 2009), 1st place winner, e-Learning category.
- Kuwait University: Academic Excellence (2006 – 2007 and 2007 – 2008).
- Kuwait University: Dean’s Honorary List (Fall 2006, Spring 2007, Fall 2007, and Spring 2008).
- Kuwait University: Extraordinary Students List (2006 – 2007 and 2007 – 2008).
- Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research Competition: Best Research Award (September 2003).
- Quality and Production Management (ISOM 410, undergraduate OSCM major course).
- Principles of Production and Operations Management (ISOM 210, undergraduate core).
- Operations Research for Business (ISOM 205, undergraduate core).
- Math for Business (ISOM 110, undergraduate core).
- POMS International Conference, Brighton, UK, September 2019. “A Blockchain-Based System for Improving Supply Chain Effectiveness”.
- POMS Annual Conference, Washington, DC, May 2019 (Behavioral OM Track). “The Joint Effects of Work Breaks, Fatigue, and Psychological Burnout on Servers’ Productivity”.
- 2nd Business Research Symposium, College of Business Administration, Kuwait University, Kuwait, October 2018. “Beyond Fixed Effects: A Psychological Perspective on Servers’ Operational Performance in Service Queuing Systems”.
- 12th Annual Behavioral Operations Conference, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA, July 2017. “Beyond Fixed Effects: A Psychological Perspective on Servers’ Operational Performance in Service Queuing Systems”.
- POMS Annual Conference, Seattle, WA, May 2017 (Behavioral OM Track). “Beyond Fixed Effects: A Psychological Perspective on Servers’ Operational Performance in Service Queuing Systems”.
- INFORMS Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, November 2014 (Data-Driven Research in Healthcare Session). “Impact of Ambulance Diversion Ban on Emergency Departments’ Length of Stay”.