Abdullatif AlrashdanNovember 21, 2021 2022-01-07 8:07
- PhD, Business Administration, University of Connecticut
- MBA, State University of New York
- Bachelor, Business Administration (Finance), Kuwait University
Abdullatif Alrashdan is an assistant professor of strategy and international business at Kuwait University – College of Business Administration. Abdullatif holds a Ph.D. in business administration with concentration in management from the University of Connecticut. He also received an MBA from the State University of New York at Buffalo and a bachelor’s degree in finance from Kuwait University. Prior to his graduate education, Abdullatif worked as a financial analyst in Kuwait and Bahrain. Abdullatif’s research interests include international business, foreign direct investments, and new market entry
Expertise and Research Interests
- International Strategy
- Foreign Direct Investments
- Market Entry
- Alnahedh, M. & Alrashdan, A. (2021). To downsize or not to downsize: when and how does corporate downsizing create long-term value? Management Research Review Vol. 44 No. 11, pp. 1539-1564
- Alnahedh, M. & Alrashdan, A. (2021). Entrepreneurs’ personal network usage and the performance of young firms: evidence from an emerging market. World Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development, Vol. 17 No. 4, pp. 711-728.
- Alrashdan, A., & Alnahedh, M. (2019). Growth through Simultaneous Alliances: Learning and Synergistic Effects. Arab Journal of Administrative Sciences, 26(3), 501-541.
- Alrashdan, A., & Almujamed, H. (2017). Joint ventures in the real estate sector: the critical factors to consider for success. Journal for Global Business Advancement, 10(1), 89-107.
- MGT 460: International Business
- MGT 450: Strategic Management
- MGT 412: Organizational Change and Development
- MGT 410: Organizational Theory and Design
- MGT 303: Business Communications and Report Writing
- Alrashdan, A. (February, 2021). Essays on Alliance Management and Instability. Presented Virtually for Kuwait University College of Business Administration Research Colloquium.
- Alrashdan, A., Souder, D., & Grove, S., (October, 2019). Effects of CEO career horizons on alliance governance mode. Strategic Management Society Annual Conference, Minneapolis, MN.
- Alrashdan, A., & Souder, D., (August, 2018). A behavioral perspective on the choice of alliance governance mode. Academy of Management Annual Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Souder, D., Shaver, M., & Alrashdan, A. (December, 2017). The market value partitioning method for interpreting intertemporal tradeoffs. Strategic Management Society Special Conference in San Jose, Costa Rica.